Cricket Australia (CA) today announced its list of 17-contracted players for the next 12 months as chosen by the National Selection Panel (NSP).
The 2012-13 Cricket Australia contracted players are:
Michael Clarke, NSW
Patrick Cummins, NSW
Xavier Doherty, TAS
Brad Haddin, NSW
Ryan Harris, QLD
Ben Hilfenhaus, TAS
David Hussey, VIC
Michael Hussey, WA
Mitchell Johnson, WA
Nathan Lyon, SA
James Pattinson, VIC
Ricky Ponting, TAS
Peter Siddle, VIC
Mitchell Starc, NSW
Matthew Wade, VIC
Shane Watson, NSW
David Warner, NSW
The NSP nominated the 17 players based on the following criteria:
- The form of the players over the past 12 months.
- Their likelihood of Australian selection over the next 12 months taking into account the formats of cricket Australia plays, balance of the side and the need to ensure the future development of the Test and limited overs teams.
- The weighting for Tests outweighs ODI, which outweighs T20. The weight of Tests was also strengthened following the Australian Team Performance Review outcomes.
Commenting on the CA contract list for 2012-13, National Selector John Inverarity said: “Following the recommendations of the Australian Team Performance Review and negotiations between CA and the ACA, the NSP today announces a Contract List of 17 players, a reduction in numbers of nearly one-third from the 25 of recent years.
“Naming just 17 players initially, with the ability to upgrade others, as and when performance warrants, ensures a tighter alignment between current performance, recognition and reward.
“The list of 17 players is brim full of talent, raw enthusiasm and determination to enhance the performance and reputation of Australian cricket.
“In addition, there are a number of very good and highly regarded players who the NSP have considerable faith in – and hopes for – who didn’t, on this occasion, ‘make the cut’ for the Contract List of 17. Ed Cowan, George Bailey, Peter Forrest, Clint McKay, Dan Christian and some others come readily to mind.
“The expectation is that a handful of names will be added to the list as the season unfolds and upgrade points are accrued by those players representing Australia in the various formats of the game.”
As announced under the new MOU agreement, the minimum CA retainer contract is now $230,000 and with a performance based model in place, the following match payments are applicable:
|CA||Test||$13,400||Match Fee - $14,000
Squad Fee - $11,667
|ODI||$5,360||Match Fee - $5,600
Squad Fee - $4,667
|T20||$4,020||Match Fee - $4,200
Squad Fee - $3,500
- Playing XI Fee equals the Squad Fee plus a 20% loading. Players can only receive one of the Squad Fee or Playing XI Fee per match.
- All players in the squad qualify for the Match Win Bonus.
- Loading fees also apply to matches played overseas.
Any player upgraded to a CA retainer during the contract period will receive a retainer of $190,000.
As also announced in the new MOU, players will receive added bonuses for series wins.